About CE Accreditation and Marking
As of July 2014, CE marking has now become mandatory throughout the EU for construction products – and here at Knowsley Engineering, we dedicated ourselves to achieving the correct CE marking compliance to become CE approved fabricators as early as possible. Knowsley Engineering Services Ltd have achieved CE Execution Class Two status, which means that as CE marked fabricators, we:
- Fully audited and accredited Factory Production Control system (FPC)
- New role of a qualified and experienced Responsible Welding Coordinator, with expertise in all welding processes to oversee all company welding operations.
- All welders fully qualified in all weld procedure specifications
- Additional welding qualifications in weld defect identification and causation.
- All completed assemblies given a unique ID, ensuring full traceability of every component, including material certification, fabricator and welder identification.
- CE compliant quality control documentation supplied to client with CE number for each project.
CE Marking Legislation
Steel fabricators delivering to sites in the UK must now be CE compliant.
The new BS EN 1090 legislation means that for fabricated steelwork, all components are required to be fully traceable to their source. Structural steel manufacturers must show that every component produced meets all declared performance characteristics of the CE marking legislation.
All fabricated structural steelwork delivered to a site in the UK must now be CE marked, and as C.E approved fabricators, Knowsley Engineering Services Ltd are meeting this requirement.
Clients and contractors alike should now have full confidence that any steel structures erected will meet up to the required CE approved standards of mechanical resistance, stability, serviceability and durability. By using a CE accredited fabricator like Knowsley Engineering Services Ltd, you can trust that all structural steel fabrications will be to the highest quality.